Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hello all! If your reading this then you want some more information on Chiari post-op information. Well I am approaching 3 weeks post-op and yes I am better than I was when I left the hospital but still in a lot of pain and discomfort. I had decompression surgery along with a neck fusion of the top 4 vertebrae in my neck "which they decided to do at the last minute do to a test called Invasive Cervical Traction that I will touch on later" also the top of my spinal cord was de-tethered. I think the fusion is the biggest culprit to my pain still since my pain seems to be located in my lower neck and shoulders still. I have to sleep in my recliner in my living room. I have tried my bed 3 times and each time I wake up in so much pain it's not worth it anymore. Don't get me wrong I still am in pain when I wake up from sleeping in the the recliner but I guess bearable, really no choice in the matter however. I have to take my time when doing things. Simple every day tasks take a great deal of time and effort. You have to bend and reach for things different then before and yes you do forget and boy do you ever no it! If you wondering, yes I would do it again. Crazy I know but it has helped my life in ways that in time will stand out and matter. I had my surgery at North Shore University Hospital on Long Island. I have met with 2 other surgeons in the Pittsburgh area where I live and yes had my surgery lined up with Dr. Welch at UPMC Presby, but after reporting some new symptoms he back out. Yes, this made me very upset but it also promted me to contact the doctors at The Chiari institute. THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE!!!! I am sure there are GREAT surgeons in other area's but my choice is TLC. To be continued!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home